A quick tutorial for you today and this one's valentines inspired! I mentally give myself a high five any time I think of another way to use up the jars i've collected and I think the look of these paper heart jars has a pretty, handmade charm to them.
- Tissue paper
- Mod Podge
1) Start by tearing up small pieces of the base colour tissue paper, i.e. the one that will be the main colour for your jar. I have chosen white.
2) Brush on a thin layer of Modge Podge and place a piece of the tissue on it. Brush another thin layer over the top of your tissue paper.
3) Repeat all over until the jar is covered. Don't worry if there are creases in the tissue, this all adds to the handmade feel.
4) Cut out some tissue paper hearts in whatever colours you like. I've chose red and gold.
5) The jar will still be wet so place on your hearts in the desired position and again, brush over with a thin layer of Modge Podge.
6) Allow to dry and tie a ribbon around the top of the jar. You could also use wire or string if you wanted to hang these.
7) Drop in a lit tealight candle and place around the room for a pretty glow!